This blog has changed its named & moved!
Please go to Sugar & Salt Kitchen to read more.
I love a crispy loaf of bread slathered with garlic and butter. Whenever I make a pot of spaghetti with meatballs I always have plenty of this garlic bread to soak up the sauce. The best part is the bottom half of the loaf that has crispified in the butter that pools in the bottom of the foil.
1 stick butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 loaf bread (I like to use a really good baguette)
- Put the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer and let it bubble until the garlic turns light brown.
- Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise. Spoon the garlic butter over the bread making sure you get the crispy garlic pieces evenly distributed to please everyone.
- Put the halves back together and wrap in foil, sealing well to prevent any butter leakage (make sure the seam is on top)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut the bread up and eat. Delicious!